Sources for parts

Posidon42

Limp Gawd
I am regretting getting rid of my 4P and want to build another one for the [H]. You guys are the true innovators and the community wouldn't have the 4P awesomeness without your efforts. Looking to get either a starter system with the 6128's again or I could run some 6180's if someone has a cheap source for them. I am pretty sure the old source finally updated their prices :)

Let me know what you have, I will need everything. Thanks.

Last edited:
Moved to the FS/FT section, please add a badge to your initial post

(This wasn't a general topic, rather a WTB type topic)

I am regretting getting rid of my 4P and want to build another one for the [H]. You guys are the true innovators and the community wouldn't have the 4P awesomeness without your efforts. Looking to get either a starter system with the 6128's again or I could run some 6180's if someone has a cheap source for them. I am pretty sure the old source finally updated their prices :)

Let me know what you have, I will need everything. Thanks.

I'll be selling a 6180SE 4p in the next day or two. I was planning on parting it out, but can sell as a combo if you want. PM me for more details.

Best place to start is with other folders that are changing up their farms ;)

Badge added. I folded for the o/c forums for a number of years and don't have a whole lot of progress to show for this team. But I want to change that. Help me change that!

Last edited:
OCF badge. Promise I won't use this again, but I wanted to make sure you guys knew I wasn't bsing.

Add your team 33 badge with an edit to your first post please

-W.Feather

We get out own FS section down here, but have to keep it tidy or things get bad quick.

Hope you find the parts you need to fold [H]ard. Also, you need to hunt down some refurbed hyper 212+ and musky mod them ;)

Welcome.

What? You thought we have all these 4P systems and we pay retail/MSRP for the hardware?

:D

To keep within my budget, I am looking for some 6128s right now. I had good luck with my last set and they did fine by me. Stil need a motherboard too, but I am looking for the super micro design with the offset CPU sockets so I can better manage the airflow and temperatures.

Well I blew my CPU budget but I think I found some strong performers that I couldn't pass up. Thanks [H]! The Gskill memory should be here soon and the hs should already be in the mail. Just need a discount source for the motherboard. Looking for the SM I series board. Trying to decide if I want to spend the extra $ for the one with the multiple pcie slots or not.

Well I blew my CPU budget but I think I found some strong performers that I couldn't pass up. Thanks [H]! The Gskill memory should be here soon and the hs should already be in the mail. Just need a discount source for the motherboard. Looking for the SM I series board. Trying to decide if I want to spend the extra $ for the one with the multiple pcie slots or not.

Unless the system will have a 2nd job outside of folding.... there isn't a reason to have them. You really don't even need one.

Well I don't want to limit my options and it would be nice to run a virtual machine with a windows install just to help make it more dual purpose. And the integrated Matrox card is really bad.

IPMI is basically being at the machine watching the screen as it boots through the bios and etc, only you are remote from the machine.

Very awesome stuff.

Back