• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Soundcard driver question

Eagle156

2[H]4U
Joined
Jan 21, 2006
Messages
2,242
I'll be building a new pc soon and I'll migrate the Audigy 2 zs on the Athlon XP system to the new one. I assume that the order of installation for the old computer will be:
1) remove card
2) turn onboard sound on in bios
3) uninstall creative drivers
Will this work?
 
I would suggest the following steps:
1. use the add/remove control panel applet to remove the creative drivers.
2. run drivercleaner
3. turn the system off and remove the card.
4. boot the system and enable the onboard audio
 
Mister X said:
I would suggest the following steps:
1. use the add/remove control panel applet to remove the creative drivers.
2. run driverclaner
3. turn the system off and remove the card.
4. boot the system and enable the onboard audio
Seconded.
 
Back
Top