• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

soundcard and headset

medire

Weaksauce
Joined
Mar 20, 2009
Messages
107
Hello.
I purchased a new PC,but i don't like the onboard sound.
My new config : Intel I7 920 , Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD5 ,Corsair XMS3 Triple Channel 3 GB,
PNY Nvidia 285 GTX,Western Digital 6400 AAKS ,DVD RW LG, monitor Samsung T240HD
I use the headset 95 %,no speakers.
I wanna have some good sound quality for movies,music,games
What would you recommend me? And headset as well.
My budget: around 100-120 euro ( 130 -140 US Dollars )
Thanks in advance for your help. Cheers.
PS : Would you recommend me to stick the headset directly to the soundcard slot?
I used some time ago with speakers connected to the soundcard,and from speakers,the headset.
 
If you want high quality audio dont get a "headset", and by headset I mean cheap earphones with a mic attached. Get a quality pair of Sennheiser's, like the HD 555, or if you can find them the discontinued HD 590's are excellent headphone which I personally own, both pairs should fit your budget.

http://www.dakmart.com/index.php?cPath=4_9_28&sort=&filter_id=70

Dakmart has a large selection of Sennheiser's and they ship internationally.
 
If you want high quality audio dont get a "headset
Agreed.

You'll get much better sound quality if you buy headphones and not some cheapo headset with a boom mic. Since you will more than likely need a mic, look into the Zalman clip on.. I hear good things about it. Personally, I use an Icemat Sibera clip on that I got with my cheap Sibera in-ear phones from woot and its pretty decent so far.

I've only had experience with 3.5mm headphones/sets so I cannot comment on USB powered ones but from what I have read, these should be avoided if you have a decent way of driving sound to the headphones (DAC or AMP).
 
Back
Top