Night Black
Gawd
- Joined
- Oct 23, 2006
- Messages
- 699
I have a SB Live 2 running on Win XP, and I've had problems with it through it's lifespan with random reboots and crashing and non-functionality. But, it worked most of the time so I kept it.
Yesterday I just installed a new pair of speakers replacing my old ones, Logitech R-10s. I installed them, and while they sounded good at first, they started hissing more and more as the hour went on. Eventually the speakers would be unusable with the headphone jack. Now, I connected a pair of headphones the week prior, and poof those are now in the trash too.
So I ask this question. Did the SB Live 2 fry the connected parts? If so, then why were my previous speakers fine? I'm not looking for a replacement, as this computer is going to be replaced within two weeks. Just an answer.
Thanks for your time.
Yesterday I just installed a new pair of speakers replacing my old ones, Logitech R-10s. I installed them, and while they sounded good at first, they started hissing more and more as the hour went on. Eventually the speakers would be unusable with the headphone jack. Now, I connected a pair of headphones the week prior, and poof those are now in the trash too.
So I ask this question. Did the SB Live 2 fry the connected parts? If so, then why were my previous speakers fine? I'm not looking for a replacement, as this computer is going to be replaced within two weeks. Just an answer.
Thanks for your time.