Sound output switch

Ultragames

n00b
Joined
Apr 22, 2004
Messages
1
I want to build something, into my computer, that allows me to switch from one out put, to another. Heres some history.

I have a Zalman Theatre 6, 5.1 headphone set.
I have Dell ADA745 (not a dell computer) 4.1 speaker set.
I have an Audigy 2 ZS.

I want to build a back port, in my computer, where i can have 5 plugs.
3 - headphones
2 - Speakers.

Then, i want to put a toggle switch in the front of my computer, which i can use, to switch from headphones, to speakers, with out pulling out my computer.

i should be able to do most of it. I just have no clue, how to make a toggle switch, change sound.

Could i make one switch, change all 3 channels of sound, without combining them? Or do i need 3 switches, one for each channel?
 
Could i make one switch, change all 3 channels of sound, without combining them?

You can either go with 3 DPDT toggle switches, a single rotary switch or some kind of relay based system.
If only there was such a thing as a 6 pole double throw switch you would be all set. ;)
 
Back
Top