sound issue

Joined
Jul 7, 2008
Messages
18
I just got a new motherboard (asus P5Q-Pro) and it came with the Realtek ALC1200 onboard sound. I like it but have one problem with it. It seems that when I adjust the master volume on the computer nothing happens. It is only affected by the Wave volume (I am not even really sure what that is). This is a problem because I have my volume knob far away due to wire length and outlet location. I used to adjust my volume with a knob on my keyboard that adjusts the Master sound. Now I can't. Any suggestions on how to either make my keyboard set the Wave volume or have the ALC1200 be affected by the Master volume? Thanks!
 
I expect it is a maybe a Realtek driver issue so you should ask them about it. Or maybe you need to install a driver for your keyboard?
 
Are you using a digital audio output? I believe that's a known (well, "common" at least) issue with digital out and windows.
 
Back
Top