Sound going out of sync with video

DaLurker

[H]ard|Gawd
I realize lately that as I watch .avi videos (xvid compressed), the sound will gradually grow out of sync with the video. The sound actually seems to be playing faster than the video.

Anybody have any ideas why? Is it drivers? or my overclock?

Or is it windows media player?

GJSNeptune said:
Maybe it's the actual video?

Well here's the thing. If i start watchign the video, the starts off in sync, and then gradually goes out of sync. This happens anywhere in the video. I can start off in the beginning, near the end and anywhere in the middle.

Grab a program called VirtualDub (link), open up the .avi and see if it alerts you to a syncing problem between the audio and video.

I haven't used the program in a while, and am at work so I can't experiment with it now, but a) it's completely free and b) it might solve your problems.

Sorry to be vague :(.

TheSpook said:
Grab a program called VirtualDub (link), open up the .avi and see if it alerts you to a syncing problem between the audio and video.

I haven't used the program in a while, and am at work so I can't experiment with it now, but a) it's completely free and b) it might solve your problems.

Sorry to be vague :(.

No problem, thanks for the link, i'll give that a try tonight after work.

I'm actually thinking it might be WMV since running it on DivX Player it seems fine.

Back