Sound Card for Music ~$100

Atomsk47

n00b
I am looking for the best sound card for music for around $100. I do play some games but pretty rarely the computer is mainly used for music. My speakers are AV123 X-LS's. I am looking at the Bluegears B-Enspirer but any other suggestions would be great.

Thanks

I know a lot of people knock Creative, but I'd recommend the X-fi extrememusic (ONLY the extrememusic), especially if you are good at electronics and are capable of replacing certain op-amps it can become a VERY good multi-channel card with good sound quality and awesome gaming support.

more details in the forums at head-fi.org

hmm sounds interesting but because of the circumstances I don't really want to do any warranty voiding. What is the general opinion on M-Audio Audiophile 2496? I don't care about anything but 2 channel and the only games I play are WoW and I plan on playing spore when it comes out.

The b-Enspirer is a good pick, but take a look at Sondigo's Inferno 7.1 as well. Both cards are actually quite similar, and you might find that one or the other is less expensive depending on where you live.

I don't much of anything about the 2496. I'm generally not a big fan of M-Audio products in general, so I likely wouldn't recommend it.

hmm sounds interesting but because of the circumstances I don't really want to do any warranty voiding. What is the general opinion on M-Audio Audiophile 2496? I don't care about anything but 2 channel and the only games I play are WoW and I plan on playing spore when it comes out.

M-Audio products sound great, I have the Revolution 7.1 in this machine and love it.

X-Fi Xtreme Gamer is good too.
For stereo you can get a professional mastering audio card.
They are cheap and stellar quality. E-mu 0404 comes to mind.

Back