Sort Of Annoying Problem

Envark

Weaksauce
Whenever I turn the volume knob (or just tap it) for my speakers, there is a lot of static. Neither the subwoofer knob, nor the surround knob suffer from the same problem. It is not too big of a deal because the speakers sound fine when not fiddling with the volume, but it is still slightly annoying.

My setup:
Klipsch Promedia 4.1s that are about 3.5 years old plugged directly into my MSI KT6Delta motherboard. The Operating System is Windows XP. I do not think that it is a software issue because the same thing occured when I was running Windows 2000 and using a Soundblaster Live!

Any protips?

The Pot that controls the volume is dirty and needs cleaning.
DO NOT USE RADIO SHACK POT CLEANER ON IT. :)
Simply rotate it back and forth across it's entire range several times with the power turned off. If that does not help it is time for a new one. Pick up the phone and contact Klipsch for a replacement or contact your local electronics guru for a fix.

Originally posted by X86Dude
The Pot that controls the volume is dirty and needs cleaning.
DO NOT USE RADIO SHACK POT CLEANER ON IT. :)
Simply rotate it back and forth across it's entire range several times with the power turned off. If that does not help it is time for a new one. Pick up the phone and contact Klipsch for a replacement or contact your local electronics guru for a fix.
Wow, quick (and excellent) response.

Thanks for your help!

Back