Sonicwall Firmware Download

jkoebel

2[H]4U
I just purchased a Sonicwall at a surplus store, but it had a password. So, I followed the password reset instructions.

Unfortunately, this apparently erases the entire firmware and requires you to re-upload one. So now my SonicWall doesn't have an OS.

I'm not interested in a support contract, and I only want the basic out-of-box, non-licensed functionality anyway.

The item is a "Sonicwall Internet Security Appliance Pro", solid blue box with WAN/LAN/DMZ and Console on the rear and just a few lights on the front.

Anyone help out?

Call SonicWALL. They might be able to give you access to the firmware without a support contract. Beyond that, you're probably SOL.

Been a couple of years since I've worked on Sonicwalls, but some of the models I've worked on had a reset button which put it back to the state you purchased it in...including that version of firmware.

Also they'd come with a CD which would reflash the unit back to factory defaults including the firmware it shipped with.

The reset button of the Sonic will reset the unit to "factory" defaults.

That will be the best bet for you.

Using the hardware Reset button on the back (power of, hold down button, power on, release button when TEST starts flashing) is what brought my SonicWALL to the "needs firmware" state.

I bought just the router itself, no CDs came with it or anything.

I've actually tried "resetting" it a few times using that button, doesn't reall go anywhere other than the recovery page.

Do you know what model it is other than "Pro"?

It could be a 1260. 2040, 3060, 4060, 4100?

I believe I have some images for the 1260 and 3060

The only identifying information on the unit itself is the serial number. Sticker on the bottom just says "SonicWALL PRO" and the serial; front just says "Internet Security Appliance PRO" The firmware recovery page doesn't say the model either.

It's a solid blue box, 3 ports (WAN LAN DMZ) + Serial on the back.....

Motherboard says "SONIC SYSTEMS BD-073 REV C" on it, for what that's worth.

If it looks like it's rackmountable it's a 200 if not then it's a 100

Definitely rack-mountable.

It looks like this:

SwPRO_300.jpg

That one claims to be a 330?

The 330 is not all dark blue, it is partially grayish in the front, You most likely have the 200.

I just purchased a Sonicwall at a surplus store, but it had a password. So, I followed the password reset instructions.

Unfortunately, this apparently erases the entire firmware and requires you to re-upload one. So now my SonicWall doesn't have an OS.

Yep, the older sonicwalls do that. Bummer.

Back