Sonicwall 250 vs. Barracuda 400

Sylvanus

n00b
We need to monitor and filter all e-mails. We're looking for an anti-spam/virus/malware device. Suggestions between the two companies? I've "google'd" the two and have seen some not care for Sonicwall's support. A vendor immediately dismissed 'cuda as "old", out of date and as allowing spam to filter through because it uses Spam Assassin. It sounded more like they get a spiff from Sonicwall if we get that.

Thoughts?

I've been using 2 Barracuda 200 units for almost 2 years. The appliance works well and is easy configured using the web interface.

Most spam can be eliminated by simple ldap calls for active email addresses. Then spam assassin cleans up the rest. It's been a very reliable product with excellent spam/virus/malware. Support and updates have been top notch also.

I am one of the people that hates sonicwall's support

I have 2 CDP devices at a customer site (Installed before i was there) which are hell on earth.

CDP support took about a week to get back to me, and around a month to fix it.

I have heard good things about the cuda though

we love our cuda... it's slow as piss when you are accessing it, but it's pretty cool.

I'm pretty sure they are probably built with faster processors now, our's is years old.

Back