someone help me with a video card

higney85

n00b
Ok I am a college student who made the mistake of buying a dell laptop. I have built many desktops and servers but as far as laptops I was clueless a few months ago. I am active on the dell forum and there are literally HUNDREDS of people wanting a video upgrade. The only cards offered by DEll are 64mb geforce 5200FX and ATI 9000. The inspiron 5150 has a 3+ GHZ P4, and a fast HD, up to 2GB of ram but video options are a big holdup. I have a 32mb ATI 9000 left over (I upgraded to a 64mb) and if someone knows how or where to get a mobile card- in the correct form factor- I could set it up for you to get a spiff from each card sold. Dell is not going to offer any new video cards for the Inspiron 5150 model but there is a great demand of people willing to pay the price. I can give someone my 32mb card as a test bed/model to help the process. ATI or Nvidia cards are fine and the best would be great but we would really just settle for any improvement. Someone that has a hookup or vast knowledge could make alot of profit.

Back