Some newbie questions

GoldBug

n00b
Joined
Mar 28, 2003
Messages
44
Ok, I built a computer with an AMD 2500+ proc. Here is my question though. I really don't know a lot about the software end of computers. I can read things and figure it out (that's how I built my comp), but I'm not really sure where I can get info from an idiots perspective. Is there a web site that would give me some good explanations of some of the common computer stuff. In fact, I don't even know what the hell BIOS is. I can throw out some guesses, but that's about it.
 
and if smoke comes out, don't repeat what you just did.

when you buy new parts.
 
Say I wanted to change something in the BIOS, how would I do that, and what the hell would I want to change?
 
when you start your computer, you get the option "press F1/delete/<some random key>" to enter setup. If all you get is a giant logo, hit esc, that will usually get rid of the logo, and then you can hit whatever to get into your BIOS setup. (or just hit random keys. :D)

I know there is a BIOS tweak guide, http://www.rojakpot.com/ click on the BIOS tweak guide at the side, it'll tell you more then you ever wanted to know. :p
have fun!

*edit fixed url (thx jomiwic)
 
Back
Top