• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Some loop questions...

BrandonB

2[H]4U
2FA
Joined
Jan 25, 2007
Messages
2,490
Hello,

I was going to get a full cover waterblock for my 8800GTS, since it would be GPU > CPU I think it would raise the CPU temps considerably. So I was thinking, how could I go Radiator > Pump > GPU > Radiator > CPU > Res? I don't know how I would do that loop without cutting out the CPU and Res.

Thanks!
 
Won't make much difference.

Water temperature doesn't really change that much in the loop. If you measure the water temp before and after the radiator, you'll most likely get a 3-4c differential.

Between blocks you might get a 1-2c differential, if that.

Lastly, water temp in the loop will equalize, regardless of where the radiator is... So, while your CPU temp will increase (due to the heat dump of the GTS block) moving the radiator around will have very little appreciable effect. Adding another single radiator between the 2 components would be the only thing that might get you cooler, but even then not by much.
 
he is correct about the water temp, though you have to think about water pressure, which is highest right from the pump, which is why most people put the cpu right in front of the pump to get the most flow rate available, i would always want to cool the cpu before anything else. and if your using 2 radiators put them together at the end of the loop before the res and pump. and make sure the pump is drawing from the resevoir not the radiator!
 
Back
Top