Solved B350 tomahawk won't post

Status
Not open for further replies.

patnmel97

Limp Gawd
Just got a b350 tomahawk/ryzen5 2600x/2×8 g skill ripjaw ddr4 3000 cl15 set up for my new rig. I can't get it to post and everything I've read leads me to believe I need an older supported cpu to flash the bios.
I've tried everything from reseatting all components to cmos flash, all fans and gpu are running, ive tried different dimm slots. Ezbebug gives solid cpu led for a few seconds then goes out. Amd will send a loaner cpu so I can flash bios, is there something I'm missing or has anyone had this is problem and knows a work around. I've built a handfull of computers and have never had these issues but by know means am an expert. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks, Patrick

Corsair cx750 psu that was in my old rig for less then a month so I know that works

does the mobo box have the sticker saying it supports the new chips? if not that's your problem, older stock. either try to get the loaner or see if a local shop will do it for you or borrow a chip.

Mb manufacturing date feb. 2018
I held off buying that until last week when I first saw some similar problems just thought I'd get newer version. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back