Sold a guy a laptop. Now no sign of him.

mistan

Limp Gawd
I sold this guy a laptop for $490. He wanted a tecra 8200 850mhz or something at least 600mhz. I could not find a tecra 8200 so I went ahead and purchased a tecra 8100 @ a speed of 800mhz. He lives in Cananda. I had to order the laptop 1st and then ship to him. He said he would give me a month to get everything to him. I have received all items and I have his address but I have not heard a word from him for the last week and 1/2. I am not sure if I should send the laptop to him right now or wait until I hear from him. It has been 2 weeks since I have received payment from him. Communication was great with him because we became somewhat friends and he talked to me about his wife and his new found obsession with Love Hina and even opted me to watch some of the series on Winamp. He used to msg me every couple of hours throughout the whole day and even at night. I am not sure of what to do. Im not sure if he could be on his way here to kill me or filing a lawsuit. I do not think that giving him a refund right now is a good idea either, as I have already bought the laptop. So what do I do? Do I go ahead and ship to an address that may not even be occupied? Do I go ahead and sell the laptop and then try to give him a refund? Should I just wait for him to get back with me? He sounded kind of depressed that last couple of conversations we had. Seems to me like he cheated with an old girlfriend on his wife. I am not sure if he has ran off with the girlfriend or if he has killed himself or anything. He just kept saying "I miss my wife". Maybe this story sounds bogus to you but I know that it is true. If anybody wants his email or msn tag, I will give that up gladly.

Thanks

If he already paid for the product then the product should be shipped to him. Make sure that the carrier gets a signature though. Maybe he's just busy, having computer problems, been sick, who knows, but legally if a product is paid for it should be given to them.

Ok then I will ship it to him today.
I see that you are very close to me.
Would you be willing to prove to everybody that I am legit. Because I am being accused of being a troll. I would appreciate it if we could meet up somewhere and I can have you check out my merchandise. Then you can tell everybody that i am no troll.
They started a thread about me on anandtech.
Actually im on the border of buford and lawrenceville. I live by the mall of georgia.

lol calm down dude, you dont need someone to check your merchandise. just ship it to him since he's paid you, and after that it's off your hands

I also live by the Mall of GA, but I'm not going to meet people just to check out their merchandise. You got yourself into this situation, you can get yourself out. Just follow the advice of the highly intelligent people here, and you'll be fine.

mistan said:
and why is that
This could have happened if i had the laptop
If you'd have shipped out the day he paid then the non-communication now would be irrelevant.

mhenley,
what I meant was that maybe you could check my merchandise for other buyers, since ppl think im a troll.
especially on anandtech...
thats why I asked for you to check my merchandise
I didnt want you to check this laptop

mistan said:
mhenley,
what I meant was that maybe you could check my merchandise for other buyers, since ppl think im a troll.
especially on anandtech...
thats why I asked for you to check my merchandise
I didnt want you to check this laptop

even if I did check out your merchandise and vouch for you (which I'm not going to do) people might think "oh, those two are running a scam" and then if you were to fuck up I'd be labeled as a troll as well. no way, not going to happen.

Back