• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Software EQ or hardware EQ?

Firecrotch

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jul 27, 2005
Messages
140
I use winamp to play my music and I've always used the EQ built into winamp, but I was wondering whether or not the EQ on the X-Fi is any better. I know its probably personal preference, but would one be better than the other? And I seem to read a lot about people not even using the EQ's at all, but it seems so dull without it, of course half my music is only ripped in 192Kb, so is that why?
 
I always go for hardware EQ because it effects all sound sources. Unlike winamp which only effects stuff being played thru winamp.
 
Firecrotch said:
And I seem to read a lot about people not even using the EQ's at all, but it seems so dull without it, of course half my music is only ripped in 192Kb, so is that why?
No, its not because you have 192kbps mp3. What do you use to listen to your music on? (For example, what speakers or headphones do you use?). That will probably be the cause of why you like to EQ it up.
 
I've got Z-5500s. once i get the money i'll probably end up replacing the front sats.
 
Firecrotch said:
I've got Z-5500s.
That is why you are using EQ. :D

If you ever get something that is more Hi-Fi, you will find you don't need to adjust the EQ as much (and possibly not at all).
 
Back
Top