Soft overclocking and temperatures

CoW]8(0)

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Jul 25, 2005
Messages
1,427
When overclocking without adjusting voltages, does core temperature really play a role in the maximum overclock?

For example, would there be a significant difference in soft overclocking with a stock cooler vs water cooling if voltages weren't adjusted?
 
hmmm, After O/C they highed beacouse the Voltage is up and core will be heated.
If there will be WC, the temperatures will be low than on AC

Sorry, I don't speak/ write very well in English ;) I hope that my answer is about
 
Thanks for the reply, but I don't think you understood the question. I know temperatures will increase after overclocking...

I'm asking whether temperatures affect the overclock if you're not modifying voltage levels of the core.
 
yes of corse temps. play a role on the max overclock if it gets to hott it you computer will shut down so the lower the temp the more you can overclock but then you have to up the Volts
 
But how large is the role of temperature in a soft overclock? If you're not adjusting voltages, overclocking doesn't increase the core temperatures very much at all if any.
 
Back
Top