So how many equates a farm?

d.v.

Limp Gawd
Was wondering on what your opinions and standards are when you hear people say "i've got a mining farm"... are we talking a dozen GPUs? 2 dozens? 30+ GPUs? 40+ GPUs?... maybe that's just a mini-farm or just a diy-home rig?

Just curious to know what people think. Some of us here have a lot of mining devices while some of us only have a few.

So if you have like 100 GPUs, is that just a bunch of rigs in your basement? just curious on people's perspectives.

Everyone has a take on the amount. I own a fair bit and its still not a farm. My wife thought I lost my mind when I set it all up :D

I have 7 rigs, 55 cards.

I consider it a miniature farm.

2x480,4x570,1x580,1xTXPasc,1x10603g,8x1050ti,1x1030,1xR1700,1xR1600,1xi3
Counting individual cards, not rigs. Perhaps a small cactus on the windowsill?
These days, it pays the electic and internet, not much else...

Last edited:
Come help us in the BOINC Pentathlon with that herb garden. :p

It should probably be like the difference between a garden and a real vegetable farm. 3 tomato plants certainly isn't a farm. Does it even qualify as a small garden or is it just 3 plants? If you have a 4 x 6 garden with 24 plants, thats probably a normal good size garden, but still nowhere near a farm. Maybe we should say someone with 24 gpu's has a mining garden.

What is someone has 50x 12gpu rigs or 100x 6gpu rigs for a total of 600 gpus? I think its safe to call that a small farm.

Show me where these people are! I need to recruit their help this week. :LOL:

I have a small, compact setup of 6 VEGA 56s, a single 64, and 1600/2700 @ 4.1 and 4.3Ghz. I had a bunch of 580s but since I moved I sold them all and replaced them with the VEGAs since 1 56 (with 1100Mhz HBM) equals 2.15 580s. That fact plus I WC'd all the VEGAs makes for smaller, cooler, quieter "garden"...

Hi guys, At this moment what would be the most effective way to mine? Would it be using GPU or the Miner machines?, i dont know much about them so i thought id ask to see what your opinion is.
Thankyou
Dan

Hi guys, At this moment what would be the most effective way to mine? Would it be using GPU or the Miner machines?, i dont know much about them so i thought id ask to see what your opinion is.
Thankyou
Dan

if you can afford it, go with both. the cool thing with gpu mining is that you can mine any algo. an asic miner will be limited to 1 algo and if that algo becomes worthless then you're stuck with a paper weight miner. pay close attention to the roi on each type of hardware and go with what you're comfortable with in risk loss. lastly, only play with money you're willing to lose otherwise don't play. crypto is very volatile.

Thankyou
Dan

GPUs all the way.

Don't be tempted by the ASICs.

90% die, 10% find glory.

Back