SMP2 announcement from PG

I think most people know Evil is one of the beta testers for Stanford.

Now from his posts, all of his rigs run windows (he doesn't know much about linux), and all of his systems are crunching windows based A3 WU for testing.

Then what they heck was this?

evilstats.jpg


http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/user_summary.php?s=&u=314348

remember hes got a new dual socket rig plus another single socket rig..
 
remember hes got a new dual socket rig plus another single socket rig..
I think Kendrak is referring to the hourly spike, which is more apparent if you glance at the stats graph. Heretofore, he has not run -bigadv. The current graph is indicative of a sea change in production; if not in total volume, then by method of its issuance.
 
yeah i noticed the 2 WU thing as well.. my guess is its the winSMP2 bigadv WU's.. even though evil cant say anything about what it really is..

it could also explain the shortage with the current bigadv WU's due to them trying to remove whats left of them from the system..
 
hopefully A3 bigadv comes soon.

my computer locked up running a bigadv a few days ago and when i restarted, my VM was "corrupted". not sure if it's a problem with VMWare itself or my FAH image but for whatever reason VM couldn't access the network anymore. it lost it's IP's somehow and i couldn't access FAH through the normal 192.168.1.125 address. now i'm just running A3's exclusively. will admit it's nice having my machine "quick & snappy" again :) will revisit bigadv again once it's available in windows

bigadv work units push your system in ways that A3 work units can't. I also had a similar issue where my system was stable running windows SMP A3 WU's, but hardlocked running a bigadv. Once I downclocked the system a few times, it became stable.
 
bigadv work units push your system in ways that A3 work units can't. I also had a similar issue where my system was stable running windows SMP A3 WU's, but hardlocked running a bigadv. Once I downclocked the system a few times, it became stable.
This might change when -bigadv becomes available in the SMP2 client. We will know within the relatively short future.
 
Back
Top