SMP client vs four single clients

GlimmerMan

Gawd
Joined
Feb 13, 2005
Messages
982
I started running the linux SMP client. While the work seems to be done faster, not all CPUs are fully utilized. On average, there is only one CPU at 100%, two are under 100%, and one idle. Wouldn't more work be done if I ran four single clients instead?

Would it be safe if I ran one single client along with the SMP client?
 
The SMP client is still in early beta testing, so as they improve the client, core and structure the work units for better scaling, the CPU utilization will climb.

As for right now, all SMP WUs are Big WUs (2x bonus) plus a little extra. You can't guarantee bonus WUs all the time with four individual clients.
 
SMP is the way to go...consistant w/u's......and as 7im stated.....
early in the game.
 
Back
Top