Looking to do a multi-display setup for my next computer upgrade.
My issue is that I want to mount this setup into a roll-top desk, and I have to fit everything into a 50.5” wide by 23.5” deep by 20.5” high space. My preference is a 3 display Eyefinity setup used primarily for MMO gaming, but with the space restrictions I have, I can’t really do 3 in landscape mode unless they were relatively tight angles (like 135 degrees for 23” monitors) or smaller display sizes.
The best option I see is a 3x22” portrait mode setup, as long as I can keep the height under 20.5”. However, it’s been hard to find really good displays that size that can rotate into portrait mode. Any recommendations? I want to try to keep it under $300 a monitor if possible, or would it be better to use that $900 to get one large display, if I can find one that fits within those dimensions?
Also, looking for a video card recommendation for this set up, do I need the latest and greatest to run this, or can I drop a step or two down and not notice the difference?
My issue is that I want to mount this setup into a roll-top desk, and I have to fit everything into a 50.5” wide by 23.5” deep by 20.5” high space. My preference is a 3 display Eyefinity setup used primarily for MMO gaming, but with the space restrictions I have, I can’t really do 3 in landscape mode unless they were relatively tight angles (like 135 degrees for 23” monitors) or smaller display sizes.
The best option I see is a 3x22” portrait mode setup, as long as I can keep the height under 20.5”. However, it’s been hard to find really good displays that size that can rotate into portrait mode. Any recommendations? I want to try to keep it under $300 a monitor if possible, or would it be better to use that $900 to get one large display, if I can find one that fits within those dimensions?
Also, looking for a video card recommendation for this set up, do I need the latest and greatest to run this, or can I drop a step or two down and not notice the difference?
Last edited: