SMACH Z: AMD GPU

I'm glad to see they finally upgraded the specs to something current-gen.

Unfortunately, the Raven Ridge 15w quad core is the reason the price has jumped to $300 across-the-board

That's a lot of fucking money for a portable Steam machine! And unlike three years ago when this premiered, the entry-level (4GB ram, 64 GB flash) is no-longer usable as a Steam Machine, so it's the $1100 Pro or nothing.

They could have gone Ryzen 3 3300U (4c, 4t), and been about the same price as the original, while having higher performance, and better battery life.

Last edited:
I'm glad to see they finally upgraded the specs to something current-gen.

Unfortunately, the Raven Ridge 15w quad core is the reason the price has jumped to $300 across-the-board

That's a lot of fucking money for a portable Steam machine! And unlike three years ago when this premiered, the entry-level (4GB ram, 64 GB flash) is no-longer usable as a Steam Machine, so it's the $1100 Pro or nothing.

They could have gone Ryzen 3 3300U (4c, 4t), and been about the same price as the original, while having higher performance, and better battery life.
I would rather just buy an Oculus Quest, cheaper, full world type view (VR in other words) and very fun. Price seems too high on this to mount to anything.

Back