• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

SLI PSU for new build?

Max|m

n00b
Joined
Mar 7, 2005
Messages
38
I'm looking for a good PSU for a new build I'm doing. I don't need anything super awesome that will cost me a ton. I'm just looking for a stable/trustworthy PSU that will power the following:

Asus A8N SLI Premium
AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+
2GB OCZ Ram
BFG 7800 GTX
DVD burner
3 Hard drives

I am looking at adding an extra 7800 later on just to give the system a lil more umph when its needed so I'll need a PSU that will be able to handle that upgrade. Any sugestions?
 
.... well price wise I really dont know lol. I have looked at the PCPC Turbo-Cool® 510 Express and it's a great PSU but I consider that pretty freaking expensive. I guess I'm looking closer to the $100 - $150 range rather then the $200 the PCPC one is.
 
Max|m said:
.... well price wise I really dont know lol. I have looked at the PCPC Turbo-Cool® 510 Express and it's a great PSU but I consider that pretty freaking expensive. I guess I'm looking closer to the $100 - $150 range rather then the $200 the PCPC one is.

Then run don't walk to the thread about ewiz in this forum and get Seasonic S12-600. Very very very good PSU and an even better price.

http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=930984
 
Back
Top