SLI on a Crossfire mobo?

I have no intention of running Quad SLI, but figure if it's stable for quad, that more stable for dual SLI.

I just dont get why nvidia would lock out the 965/975 chipsets being able to SLI? With how hot the market for these boards is right now arnt they losing some valuable customers to ATI?
Seems like a stupid move on their part especially if it help ATI finally get a foothold in the dual card market.

splitfinity said:
I just dont get why nvidia would lock out the 965/975 chipsets being able to SLI? With how hot the market for these boards is right now arnt they losing some valuable customers to ATI?
Seems like a stupid move on their part especially if it help ATI finally get a foothold in the dual card market.

Well they are probably thinking that if they enable their drivers for Intel chipsets, then their SLi chipsets for the Intel platform won't sell as well.

uniwarp said:
I have uploaded the SLI patch by NGO HQ that should unlock any driver that's not protected by a different protection compared to the driver that was available at the time this patch was written... If you want to try any other driver than the one supplied you can also try this hack...

http://rapidshare.de/files/35165958/SLI_Patch.exe

I am curious but hesitant. I just built a SLI rig using the P5W64 WS Pro using the hacked drivers (84.56_mod2.exe) from Big_Sam at XS. They work perfectly. No problems.

It would be nice to use the latest drivers from nVidia though.

So, has anybody used this 'Patch" successfully?

As far as i know, that patch only works on some real old drivers, but i never personally tested. Id like some 90 series drivers as well, im willing to do the modifications myself if someone can find documentation on whats different.

Ive had some experience with making the softmodded 9800se to pro unlock drivers and windows uxtheme, so i may be able to provide updated sets of drivers on a continual basis if i can get documentation on how its done.

(i just built a p5w64 ws pro rig too, ill be using my 7800gts with it until ati's DX10 solution)

Hi. I just built a new sytem using the P5W64-WS board. I have two BFG 7900 GTX cards I'd like to run in SLI mode. I know there are several patches out there. Would anyone that has successfully used a patch on with the 7900 cards please provide a link to the most stable of the patches? Thanks in advance.

mezzro said:
Hi. I just built a new sytem using the P5W64-WS board. I have two BFG 7900 GTX cards I'd like to run in SLI mode. I know there are several patches out there. Would anyone that has successfully used a patch on with the 7900 cards please provide a link to the most stable of the patches? Thanks in advance.

I have the same board with a pair of evga 7900 GTX's @ 700/900 that work perfectly in SLI. The only downside is that you will not be able to use the latest drivers.

One tip. Those that have problems are "usually" a result of not doing a good job cleaning out the old drivers prior to install. I would highly recommend Driver Cleaner Pro or something similar.

Take a look at post# 327 here.

The 84.56_mod2.exe's work well for me.

Wait...I see that you posted in that thread already. My bad. Try DC Pro and see if that helps.

This is a brand new system; clean installation. I'm using PCIEX16 slots 1 and 4 and for some Nvidia's software isn't recognizing the second card and offering SLI as an option. I'm going to try slots 1 and 3 instead of 1 and 4 and see if that makes a difference.

I am also using one and four. So you are fine there.

FTW...what bios are you using? If you are using 0116 I bet that is the root of your problem. Try the 0215 bios on Asus' web site.

Suddenly everything works! PC vodoo, I guess. I pulled the cards, reseated them (although I'm 100% certain they were seated properly to begin with), XP recognized the second 7900 GTX card and I'm in bidness. SLI seems to be working -- it's enabled in the nVidia menu. I won't be able to run 3DMark until Monday when I get the RMA for my CPU HSF (bad fan bearing).

mezzro said:
Suddenly everything works! PC vodoo, I guess. I pulled the cards, reseated them (although I'm 100% certain they were seated properly to begin with), XP recognized the second 7900 GTX card and I'm in bidness. SLI seems to be working -- it's enabled in the nVidia menu. I won't be able to run 3DMark until Monday when I get the RMA for my CPU HSF (bad fan bearing).

I did that a few times too. At first my system would boot. When it did boot it would hang at the bios screen. Once I set the date and made a few changes it was rock solid. Now I'm at 3850 on my way to 4G's. :)

What are you using to cool the cpu now? What bios are you using?

Glad you got it to work! :cool:

I'm getting a hang on BIOS sometimes too. Did you do anything besides setting correct time and date?

The HSF works, the fan is loud -- makes a clicking noise. It's running at full RPM.

It was frustrating at times. I can't think of anything I did out of the ordinary ATM. The board is now rock solid on air and I finally got to 4GHz. It will run SuperPi but craps out of 3DMark. I think it will stabilize with more volts but I don't want to chance it while on air.

Oh yeah, for the last time...what bios are you using? Again, that could be the source of some of your problems.

i doubt this would work for my sister's motherboard. it has a 16x pci-e and a 4x pci-e (both are full length). am i correct?

ShoNuff said:
Oh yeah, for the last time...what bios are you using? Again, that could be the source of some of your problems.

The most recent: .0215. I think you're right in your remarks about the system date and time; after installing the hack, the date and time suddenly changed. I didn't notice that until reading your post. I adjusted date and time and re-flashed firmware and bios on my RAID card and all seems good.

Here is a link to where you will find some more tips. You have to register in order to view the page.

Linky

Ooops. My bad!

Here is the link.

Onepagebook is doing a tweaks and tips guide for the P5W64 WS Pro. He did one for the DFI Venus and it helped me take my FX60 to almost 3.1GHz prime stable.

Has anybody had success in using the NGO SLI patch to enable SLI on Intel boards using newer NVIDIA drivers?

ShoNuff said:
Ooops. My bad!

Here is the link.

Onepagebook is doing a tweaks and tips guide for the P5W64 WS Pro. He did one for the DFI Venus and it helped me take my FX60 to almost 3.1GHz prime stable.

Would love to see the link. Registered on their site but still can't access posts. They seem really slow to activate new accounts.

Where's the thread necromancer pic?
Posted via [H] Mobile Device

lol here...

necromancer.jpg

still no updates... all i need to know is where to get the hacked drivers

i believe nvidia fixed their drivers so the hack doesnt work anymore..

Back