• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

SK6+ for Barton cooling

Gene126

n00b
Joined
Feb 27, 2004
Messages
26
Ive got a Barton 2600+ and with the stock HSF it seems to run a little hot. Right now its at 60 C and im just cruising around on the net and listening to some music. My motherboard is a GA7N400L and I have an Antec Sonata case.

I want a HSF that will get my temps down but not be any louder than the stock HSF.

The SK6+ is really cheap right now, how will it be for cooling the 2600+ barton?

I was also looking at the Vantec Aeroflow but heard that it is pretty loud.

I would like a SLK800A with a really quiet fan but no one sells the 800. Everyone has the 900 and it wont fit on my motherboard.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.
 
I had a sk6 plus a pnaflow 25.2 cfm fan (quiet) Ocing at 10.5 X 205 and temps never got above 48 Full load hours of gaming.
 
Back
Top