Sisoft Sandra will not start up

agentk7

n00b
I wasn't sure what the best forum would be to post this so I thought the overclocking forum was the closest considering all the benchmark references.

I have a new machine that I built running Windows XP SP3 (32-bit version) with all the updates. For some reason Sisoft Sandra will not start up. I doubleclick on it to open it and nothing happens. I've tried the just recently released 2009 version as well as the previous 2008 version. I've downloaded them from multiple sources, nothing has worked.

When I first install the 2008 or 2009 version I get the message that all the necessary components (.NET, DirectX, etc) are installed but the program just doesn't start up. I go through the proper uninstall, reboot and reinstall. Nothing has helped.

I've done some googling on the subject and have found others with the same problem but most are at least a year or two old and none seem to have a definitive solution.

(The hardware is a Phenom 9950, 790gx motherboard, WD HD, 4GB memory and that's basically it)

(keyword references: Sisoft Sandra will not start, not open, not load, nothing happens):confused:

Back