SiN Episodes Dead?

Rich Tate

Supreme [H]ardness
The new owners of Ritual have made it clear that they don’t intend to focus on action games. This has left SiN fans wondering where that leaves the series.

The idea of acquiring Ritual was to have them strengthen our development in the casual genre and not to have them involved at all in the action style games," Mark Cottam, CEO of Mumbo Jumbo, told GameDaily.

Sucks.. This is the biggest problem I have with "episodic" content in games..

You already have the game done, for all intents and purposes, when you come out with the first episode.. Episode 2,3, etc can basically be just mods to the original.. Not saying it's easy, but it is a lot easier than creating a game from scratch..

Well, there IS money to be made in the casual games market, so I guess I can't fault them to much..
I just would have preferred that they finish what they started with SIN..

Nothing like trying to eek out some final sales from customers before they find out there are no future episodes and would certainly be unwilling to invest in the game at most any price. A deceptive consumer practice for certain. Does anyone know the sales figures of Episode One? (NPD & ESA popular sources but couldn't find any stats for this title).

From Sin Episodes "News" Section:
http://www.sinepisodes.com/index.php?news
SiN Episodes: Emergence $9.95 Until January 18 (January.05.2007)
Until January 18, SiN Episodes: Emergence is available for just $9.95 (plus tax) on the Steam website! This offer includes SiN Episodes: Emergence, SiN Episodes Arena Mode, SiN 1, and SiN 1 multiplayer. Get it now!

I was considering buying the first episode yesterday for a little variety, but I'm not interested in starting a story I'll never get to finish. I'm glad I found out about this when I did.

I bought SiN Episode 1 the other month and personally, I was very disappointed. I wanted a refund as it felt like a total hack-job.

Back