Silver XFI I/O?

Grentz

Fully [H]
2FA
Joined
May 5, 2006
Messages
17,321
Does anyone know if there is someone/place that can provide a silver faceplate for the XFI I/O drive bay thing?

I have an XtremeMusic and want to get the XFI I/O frontpanel for using with headphones and such, but my case is a silver Lian-Li and there is no way I am going to put a black drive bay accessory in it. I know I could always paint it, but I was wondering if there was one that still retainted the markings/labels and such that was silver...stupid on creative's part not to have one.

Not all of us like black cases :rolleyes: !
 
I htink you may have to do it yourself. You could always take it to a local plater and have it chrome plated. You can buy rub on decals to redo the lettering. I don't think they make silver ones, could be wrong though -check some modding forums and sites.
 
Ya, Have been looking around to no luck :(

Some companies are nice enough to have other colors of faceplates for bay accessories, but not Creative I guess :rolleyes:
 
I would just do it myself. You could probably do a better job anyway. Get some trnasfer stencils from a craft shop etc. Give it either a shin silver paint job or go with Chrome plating as I mentioned. That is how I would do it. Not sure of the price though.
 
a while ago i was looking at my friends audigy 2 zs platinum and his has a silver drive bay almost identical to my X-Fi one just his says audigy and has a firewire port. I know it has an IDE style ribbon to connect it like the X-Fi i just dont know if the ribbon is exactly the same.

You could always see if it works and trade your black drive bay for a silver audigy one.

Here is what it looks like
http://www.amazon.com/Creative-Labs-Blaster-Audigy-Platinum/dp/B00006RVQL
 
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I have the X-Fi I/O face plate silver dyed by Performance-PCs and will trade back to the original black with anyone. I had a silver smaller Lian-Li but now am switching to a bigger black Lian-Li.

My silver plate is still in excellent condition. PM if interested.
 
Back
Top