sick of searching for patches to games I own. torrent site for these?

LadyJaqie

I Have No Title
Note, I am speaking of getting torrents for patches to games I own, not getting illegal stuff. read on.

My girlfriend got the idea recently to get HalfLife running to try to play counterstrike, so off we went looking for updates. Damn headache and nightmare.
And then I went for getting my UT2k3 going. same story.
And then same story with classic UT.

It's the same story all over again, oem site, broken links, popups, sites that take you to broken links, slow arse downloads, overloaded FTPs, then on to googleing, then give up and going to fileplanet and waiting for an hour to three for their line system...

I'm sick and tired of this frieking mess!

Is there any place that has a list of torrents for patches!?!? if there isn't I may just start one, damnit! this is BS!

I exactly know what you mean. I've tried to download the call of duty patch but sites are overloaded. I cannot find it anywhere. They need to make torrents for these.

a laudable goal from an established member
might I recommend you include it in your sig?

however, there is also a fine line regarding site pimping
something we try enforce with an even hand
its best in future to refer to the forum within a specific context ;)

IE oh you can get that > here

just a heads up regarding the finer points ;)

hey in on the ground floor, member number ten :p

well tarnation. My stupid filtering proxy has the ENTIRE .nu toplevel blocked. Poo.

Good idea nonetheless. I'm gonna guess that it's a good site.

Does the license for the patches allow for redistribution? You don't want to get in trouble, I'm guessing...

I never signed or clicked an *I agree* button to get any of the files so I am not bound by any agreements.

sides except the ones I personally host guess what I have no files on my server, again, its the beauty of torrents, just hash data and links to them.

I am buying a TLD soon.

LOL is been awhile since I was a Gawd as well :p
thank you ;)

expanding on the site pimping boundary
sites get pimped here all the time, I pimp a great number of them
(and will remember this one)
established members are rarely questioned about it, unless they are directly related to the site
and the objective is site traffic as opposed to real utility value

its the drive by pimps from newbies that is where most of the problem is
get a few prolific posters from the gaming forum to participate, and youll likely have considerable "free' pimping ;)

a persons own sig is the one place its wide open for a blatant pimp
or obviously in context or even dropped as an aside in a related topic

Back