Should I use GPU audio to a display, USB audio to speakers, or analog motherboard audio to speakers?

Jumpem

[H]ard|Gawd
I mostly play single player games. I don't use headphones at all, and don't think I care about 3D audio.

depends on what youre connecting to. desktop speakers that are self powered, use onboard. going to an avr, use the hdmi.

depends on what youre connecting to. desktop speakers that are self powered, use onboard. going to an avr, use the hdmi.
HDMI will be connected to a TV. Otherwise, I would get a set of small computer speakers to connect using either USB or motherboard audio.

I mostly play single player games. I don't use headphones at all, and don't think I care about 3D audio.
Whatever works until you get your system to the point where the sound quality is an issue.

Whatever you're happy with using ^_^

Note that motherboard analog audio output can have more background noise due to all them electronic-magnetic-wave-thingies inside the system interfering with the signal.

So, personally, (assuming you'd have to spend for each upgrade) I'd first see if I were okay with audio to the display, after that try connecting speakers to the display or motherboard, after that usb-dac to speakers.

Back