• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Should I upgrade?

clubsport

Limp Gawd
Joined
Sep 3, 2005
Messages
240
Hi,

I am thinking of upgrading my sound card the Audigy 2 value to the Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeMusic is it worth it or theres not much difference in sound? I play a lot of games
 
If the audigy 2 value is anything like the audigy SE then i would in a heart beat.
 
pfunkman said:
If the audigy 2 value is anything like the audigy SE then i would in a heart beat.
Does your sound card work perfect in games, as I am hearing people conplaining about cracking sounds
 
mine does, its fairly hit or miss, i suggest going to circuit city, i think they have them (or used to) have them for about $70, that way if you have problems you can return them. The odds are you will not have problems, but you always could. The majority of the problems came from the nforce4 motherboards. Although I am running an nforce 4 mobo and have no problems.....
 
my x-fi doesnt because i change PCI lentency (spelling?) to 128 and the helped alot.
 
I have no problems with mine and im on an Nforce 3 chipset. From what ive seen like coolxboxgamer said it seems to be pretty isolated to Nforce 4 boards (Wich is unfortunate because its such a common chipset)

BTW isnt Coolxboxgamer an oxymoron? :p
 
Back
Top