Should I be patient or do something?

Cook_1

[H]ard|Gawd
Seller: itsgettingcold
Seller's Heat: itsgettingcold

Bought and paid for an item here last Friday morning, seller says he'll ship it out later that day. Sunday I get a PM saying he was finally able to get online, had a family emergency and has issued me a refund.

I go to Paypal and the refund is pending - it's a Sunday, I think nothing of it. Monday rolls around, refund is still Pending, I contact Paypal and they say the refund was issued through the seller's bank account and it can take 1-3 days to clear their account.

I'm not new to Paypal, so to me this means that the Seller had to transfer the money I sent him on Friday to his bank account otherwise the refund would have been instant as it would have been funded from the Paypal balance.

Wednesday rolls around and the refund is canceled. I contact Paypal and they say to contact the seller. I PM the seller here but he hasn't been around since last Sunday and I emailed the address I sent the paypal funds to and some other email address paypal gave to me.

Usually at this point I would have taken this as I'm being taken for a ride. However seller has good Heat, has been on this forum for 4 years and in the same thread sold other items that were more expensive then what I bought (had received positive heat from them - so they were successful transactions). And if he's having issues accessing the net and truly has a family emergency then it would make sense that he hasn't seen my PMs and Emails....however, then how did he cancel the refund if he didn't have internet access?

So what do you guys think - give the guy a few more days or actively try to get my money back through Paypal which may or may not have a negative impact on the seller?

Last edited:
Doesn't look good, I would file a case with paypal and get your money back. The "family emergency" is a time honored excuse.

Make sure you out this fool too so the rest of us don't get scammed as well.

Thanks all, always good to see what others would do if in the same situation. Claim filed with Paypal, I think this will be a pretty open and shut case as they can see a refund was issued and then canceled - but you never know.

When a seller stops communicating it's time for a dispute. Everything else is just noise.

Claim still in process with Paypal, hope to get my money back but won't know until the full 10 days. Still no word from the seller via PM or Email - negative Heat left - should I report his FS post or contact any admins on this forum so he can't just randomly pop back online one day and start selling other stuff?

Luckily in all my years of buying/selling/trading on these forums this is my fist incident, so not really sure of who and what should be notified.

Up to you if you want to call out the seller or post his thread so others don't get boned. Definitely on informing the admins who it was.

Dang Cook_1 , is this the transaction I think it is?

This sucks man and hope you get the refund ASAP and can find what your looking for through another seller!

To be fair, I had a legitimate health issue and had to refund a buyer here a few weeks ago due to hospitalization... I would have sent him a scan of my hospital discharge with my name/address if asked to prove I wasn't taking him for a ride. But if he pulled a card, canceled a refund, and stopped responding.. fuck that. Good luck OP.

I'm in shock - my Paypal claim was denied.

Sent emails in this morning, will be giving them a call on my lunch break.

Denied? Did you tell them it hasn't been shipped? Definitely give them a call.

Also, please tell us who it is so we can avoid them. If worried about that just ask Crosshairs if it's ok.

Updated OP with seller information. Also on hold with Paypal now - crossing fingers as IMO it's a pretty simple case.

What a headache.

So the original refund was canceled because there weren't funds in the bank account to credit. When I put my dispute through somehow someone saw the refund and thought that was that, case closed. Case is now reopened, it will take an additional 10 days from when it reopens (was told it takes 24-48 hours to reopen a case, I'll receive an email) and if the funds still aren't in the sellers bank account that's okay because I have buyer protection (THIS IS WHY YOU DON'T PAY VIA FRIENDS/FAMILY BUT AS GOODS/SERVICES SOLD!) but it will take an additional 11 days for the funds to be available in my paypal account.

So 11 days for the first dispute, 10 days for this reopened case plus an additional 11 days if the seller doesn't have the funds add in there the 7 days at the beginning of the transaction from when I paid to when I filed the dispute add an additional day in for the reopening of the case and one more day to transfer the funds back to my checking account.

So, 41 days this whole thing could take before I see my money back.

I didn't pay F/F otherwise I'd be SOL. This is the service you get with sending money via goods/services and the buyers protection that comes with it. You'll get your money back...eventually. It just may take over a month to get it.

Hey, when your finally back in the market and still want a PS4, I have a launch PS4 that has basically sat on the shelf since we got it. I upgraded the HDD to 1TB hybrid drive, and have 2 x controllers, some games, and the controller charging station (Nkyo). Hit me up........ Stinger will vouch you WILL get your items from me :)

Basically got the same Xbox one type setup as well......if interested.

(I'm a PC gamer, no matter how many times I try and console game....)

I'm totally going to do that cybmook. I know, first world problems that I didn't get my shiny PS4 but dang it...I want to play some Fallout 4 on console!

Let me know, I'm dead serious. I have been meaning to list the PS4 and Xbox One for a while now...... Just never do......

Last edited:
Back