shake 3

Epyon

[H]ard|Gawd
what do you guys think about it? I was going to buy it:) just wanted to know if you guys have it...I am guessing not since your all to poor. but maybe not...will see

I think its a great program, but not tailored for the uses of all. After Effects is still my hero of commercial creation. :)

I mostly see it doing content modification, really nice compositing, but lacking the massive plugin library after effects possess.

I think

shake 3 : Is more for compositing
After Effect : animation, text effects .....

it's very different, it's depend of what you want to do! :)

to put it a certain way...

After Effects: a consumer program, used by both consumers and professionals to a certain extent.

Shake: a high-end professional program, used by professionals.

I used (and still use) Shake on the PC, with version 2.5. Nothing Real, the creators of Shake, did an incredible job creating this program, before Apple took the program and made it Mac-only.

They take very different approaches to compositing. After Effects caters to plug-in kiddies, where you can find a billion different plug-ins (many which are redundant) which will allow you to do anything with touching a button, and moving a slider. It takes an editing/time-line approach, whereas Shake takes a procedual node-based approach.

To the experienced compositor, a node-based approach is MUCH more powerful. Does this mean AFX is a bad program? No, it is a great program, and is used by semi-pros and pros for small applications everywhere. altered did have one thing right: AFX is more animation-based (you can even do simple edits with AFX), whereas Shake is more strictly compositing. This can be a good thing. Shake, on the other hand, is very fast. The logarithms Nothing Real came up with are amazing, and redraws and previewing are very quick.

I havn't really worked much with Rayz, but out of the higher-end compositing apps, Combustion is first, Shake comes next, and After Effects comes in at a close third.

SWEET.

I use Combustion too. I now have shake 3 on my computer now I just have to buy linux yes I said BUY linux tomorrow from best buy :eek: I will let you guys know how it goes:p

Back