Setting up a live Apache server on XP Pro

biru32

Limp Gawd
I have a computer that I want to use simply and strictly as a server. I am thinking about setting up Apache as the server. This would be a live environment where I would host web sites, not simply a test environment. Can this be done using Apache?

Thanks!

check out the package called easyphp, it has apache, my sql, and php all in one, and it takes like 10 minutes to set it up, and it works nicely for just about anything, you can have forums, or php nuke or whatever you want. check it out at http://www.easyphp.org/

There are tons of guides available that will tell you how to set up apache on win32 with php and mysql... IMO it's better than those 3rd-party pre-packaged binaries which can be behind newer releases at times.

But to answer your main question, yes, apache is very good on windows. I run apache on my 2k3 box.

Thanks for the info and suggestion. I will look into that!

Thanks again.

versello said:
There are tons of guides available that will tell you how to set up apache on win32 with php and mysql... IMO it's better than those 3rd-party pre-packaged binaries which can be behind newer releases at times.

But to answer your main question, yes, apache is very good on windows. I run apache on my 2k3 box.

So are you saying that something like EasyPHP may not be the best option?

Thanks.

Back