Set max possible volumein Windows?

AVT

Supreme [H]ardness
2FA
Joined
Aug 8, 2008
Messages
4,875
I recently bought the JVC HARX700 headphones, which do not have inline volume control. I can still control volume from my keyboard, but the maximum volume windows allows is VERY big. Probably big enough to damage both the headphones and my ears.

I'd like to set 20% volume as the absolute maximum Windows will ever use in any situation whatsoever - to prevent either of the above from happening.

Is this somehow possible?
 
Next to the Volume slider in the Volume window, you will see the "Wave" balance and slider. If you lower that, the total Max volume will lower. Just make sure to keep the Wave slider low and you'll be fine since the volume controls on your keyboard probably only adjusts the Volume slider.
 
Couldn't find that, but found controls for max volume per device. I set that to 10% for the headphones.

Thanks!
 
Next to the Volume slider in the Volume window, you will see the "Wave" balance and slider. If you lower that, the total Max volume will lower. Just make sure to keep the Wave slider low and you'll be fine since the volume controls on your keyboard probably only adjusts the Volume slider.

I'd make hot, sweaty man love with you, but the internet doesn't support that, yet.


I've always wondered how people could use max volume with headphones ever since I got my A700s.
 
Back
Top