Server case fan?

Karandras

[H]ard|Gawd
I figured Networking guys might know a bunch about server fans so posting this in the Networking forums. If I'm wrong, mods plz move me, thnx.

So we have 3 servers that were built by a local company about 6 years ago and I need to replace the 120mm case fans. I don't like the CFM on desktop fans and wondering what would be the best bet to get for a server? Looking for something that will have longevity to it as well as high CFM. Noise isn't too big of a deal, to a point of course. I found a delta fan that does 220 CFM but at 65 dB it's a bit on the loud side.

I was thinking these:
http://ncix.com/products/index.php?sku=45389&vpn=AFC1212D-PWM&manufacture=DELTA

We've had 3 Scythe's lock on us so I don't want to be using that brand. Any good Panaflows anymore?

I had one of the 1a deltas on a watercooled rig i did a long time ago. It was one loud mofo but it sure moved the air. Delta OEM's a LOOOTTTTT, or at least they used to, of other companie's factory fans. I've never had one fail on me. My advice would be to stick with Delta. With the amperage the high CFM fans run i'm not sure if you could use a fan controller or not.

I put one of the little Zaliman fans on my CPU cooler on my 2U box and it helped tremendously and didnt seem to impact temps nearly at all, probably due to the massive ammount of solid copper in the heat sink.

I think I'm going to get a few of the Deltas, the yate loon are great fans too but I don't have as much choice with those like I do with the Deltas.

Thanks for all the info everyone.

Might check out these: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835213006

I have one inside my Tuniq Tower 120 and it gave the old thing plenty of new life. I run that along with 3 other high RPM 120mm fans from a 4-way sunbeam controller. It works fine I just can't have all 4 fans on full blast when I power on my rig or it will pop the breaker in the fan controller.

Back