serious issues with untangle 6.2

goodcooper

[H]F Junkie
starting to think i have a bad disk image....

i've got 3 different rigs, none of which i can get working....

first, we have my old untangle box, a compaq sff with a 2.6ghz celeron, 1GB RAM, 20GB HD, been using it for a while, i think it originally had 5.9 or something on it... after a storm the WAN nic, which was a builtin intel chip, is not linking, showing up as unconnected... but no biggie, because i was in the process of building a new untangle rig...

got a small rackmount case, a flexatx jetway board, atom and 2 pci slots... got 2 new low profile nics for it (nics i've used in other untangle builds with no problems), an old 60 gig ide drive, also 1GB ram (just threw in what i had)

load up untangle, no errors or anything, reboot, get to the initial setup screen, and it's showing one of the nics, link and everything, but the other is coming up as nointerface2 instead of eth1.... can't figure out what the deal is... enable the onboard pos nic, take out the eth1 card, it's doing the same thing.... so i take a full size 3com pci card i have, put it in there, and the same exact thing...

so i'm thinking it's just a really retarded motherboard or something, so i try a 3rd rig...

A64 rig, single core, builtin broadcom, after rebooting the screen was blank... had to screw with the xserver settings to get it to come up, but also wasn't linking up on 1 of the nics... very weird...

so i go back to my old untangle rig, with the apparrently burned out onboard... put 2 new known working old solid netgear nics into it... go through setup... 2 nics initialized... eth0 and eth1.... but one won't link up and one will!!!! to the same switch! with the same cable! the link lights on the actual nic come up no problem...

i have never had so many stupid problems setting up an untangle box, and it's really frustrating me...

i'm not getting any errors when installing, but i'm going to burn a new CD when i get home today...

has anybody else seen any issues loading up 6.2? thinking about just finding my old 6.0 iso, or downloading one from sourceforge to see how that works...

Only issue I've had with 6.2 is the QoS bug. That was a simple fix though. I would download the ISO again and burn a new disc.

burned a new CD... installed on my new untangle box perfectly the first time...

amazing... an (apparrently) scratched CD has caused so much frustration...

remember kids....

lol, isn't it amazing how sometimes it is the simplest things?? Just yesterday I rebuilt my media center PC and it took me two hours to finally figure out why I couldn't get sound on the damn TV. Had to turn on the HDMI audio in the BIOS because it was set to off by default . . . .

Back