Senn PC150 - Questions

RanceJustice

Supreme [H]ardness
2FA
Joined
Jun 9, 2003
Messages
7,100
I was wondering if anyone would be able to answer a few questions about the Sennheiser PC150/155 gaming headphone setup.

First, I know they can be used via USB. This would allow me to point teamspeak or ventrilo toward the headset and still allow my Audigy 2 ZS to process the game's sounds themselves to my Klipsch Ultras, right?

Second, what makes these really attractive is that you can remove the USB plug and get 2 stereo jack, one for the headphones and one for the mic. Under this circumstance, if I were to plug these directly into my soundcard, would the USB sound chip be bypassed?

Lastly, I had the Audio 90s and was less than impressed, so I take it these should actually last?
Thanks
 
You could activate your onboard sound and plug your headset into those ports. Point your voice software to your onboard sound. I just see no reason to get a USB headset, which would essentially be a second sound device. 3.5" jacks are fine, and much more reliable and universal.

p.s. Why are you using a headset if you have speakers? Why not just get a shirtclip mic of some kind?
 
I was considering having the voice only go through the headset, instead of both voice and gamesounds through the speakers.

I was told it is not a good idea to enable onboard sound as well as a PCI sound card. In addition, doesn't onboard eat up resources (not badly, of course...but still).
 
Back
Top