Senao a/b/g wireless PCMCIA strength issues

MooCow

[H]F Junkie
Ok so I ordered this card from this dealer: http://rokland.com/store/product_info.php?products_id=225

Well they say this card has a pretty good antenna built in and there's no need for an external antenna connector.

I then use Netstumbler to see how much more powerful it is compared to my Intel Centrino b/g integrated wireless.

I better be having the wrong driver installed or something, cause this Senao card is a piece of shit. It can't even find half the networks than my Intel Pro Wireless adapter. This site claims this thing is pretty powerful and gives you good range... so far I beg to differ.

Does anyone else have this card? Or any Atheros chipset based card?

The senao card everyone talks about is the 2511ex, and doesn't even have an internal antena

Hmm, well I guess I have the wrong card by Senao cause its a 5354CB Aries version....

I even spoke to their tech support through AIM (SN: Rokhelper) and I asked them a series of questions, such as what exact programs they used to test their card to claim its as powerful as a Cisco adapter.... they didn't even mention any application. I was hoping for them to at least say Netstumbler which I'm sure is not even the best utility out there for surveying. All the Rokhelper guy did was send me whitepapers on the card and then made a claim saying they have no garuntees how it performs against other cards....

OOOOkkkay then... if this card is such an enterprise level card then I wonder what they would have to say about my Intel Pro wireless adapter. I mean this card isn't even half the power of my integrated wireless.... who makes claims about high power if it can't even pull up halfway :rolleyes:

Rokland = shitbags

Back