Secureing Postfix

Mog_m

Weaksauce
I have postfix SMTP server on my server currently, and I just relised that it is open. Any idea how to add AUTH or POP Before SMTP onto Postfix without haveing to re-install Postfix? I found one that involved compileing Postfix with its support, but is their anything built into postfix, or an easier way?

Thanks.

I'm reading up on it right now, but I'd guess that's what you'd have to do.

Not too big of a deal, really, you have the original sources around there somewhere, right? Just patch and compile. Stop the server, make install, and go.

Unless of course, you don't have the original sources lying around. Boy, was that ever a learning experience for me when I installed the qmail-smtp-tls-auth patch. :)

I'll keep reading and let you know what I find.

Edit: Just found this: http://www.projektfarm.com/en/support/howto/postfix_smtp_auth_tls.html, looks like a patch and recompile are what you are going to have to do.

damn. I dont have the original source, it came pre-installed with the distrobution.

uhhh you dont want to be an open relay...are you using this on a LAN? because in one of your config files, (main.cf maybe..) you can set your LAN ip segment as the only machines that can send mail thru you...i dont know if that is what you want....I am kind of a postfix ninja in training, so let me know if you have any questinos....

Back