Seagate power problems?

Phosphers

n00b
Joined
Feb 7, 2003
Messages
53
Bought a seagate 200gb barracuda 7200.7 plus a while back and it's had issues ever since. When I do a cold boot or a resume the stupid thing does a power cycle, sometimes several power cycles. Once it gets with the program it'll run all day without complaint.
Right now I have it on it's own power rail, no other drives are hooked up to that line and it still does the power cycle thing. Anyone heard of similar problems with the drive?
 
What power supply do you have? I had a cheap one, and had similar issues with my 7200.7s (120gb) until I replaced it with an Enermax. No problems since.

 
Antec truepower 430w. It has the problem no matter what I have plugged in :mad:. Someone on IRC suggested that it was "cold solder", in that when the room is cold (most mornings) thesolder joint doesn't quite connect.

I just filled out the RMA for my WD, so in the next few weeks I'll be able to RMA the seagate :p.
 
Back
Top