Seagate 200GB HD At CompUsa for $100

lol just wait until like 6:00 when the sunday papers are out..

If you want to order online you better get it NOW

These large capacity drives sell out fast at .50 cents a gig

thx for the heads up

This is a good deal. Also Best Buy has the seagate 160gig for around $80 after mail in rebates.
Does the 200gig come with a PCI controler card? I need one if I were to get another HDD, that I need.

laz, I know the WD200JB doesn't come with an adapter card, as for the Seagate, I'd doubt it, but not sure.

This will be perfect for the HTPC I plan on building shortly.

Still in stock. Get 'em while you can.

Originally posted by PrimusSucks
Prolly a lousy 1 year warranty?

From what I saw on Slickdeals, it has a 3 year warranty. I picked one up yesterday at my local store. They had them all in back and I had to ask for it, if anyone else goes to a B&M to get it.

With a 3 year warranty, I'm sold, but I gotta hit the CompUSA back home on the weekend.

Hopefully, a 200 gig drive to complement the 160 WD I just installed in the new system.

Originally posted by BillLeeLee
With a 3 year warranty, I'm sold, but I gotta hit the CompUSA back home on the weekend.

Hopefully, a 200 gig drive to complement the 160 WD I just installed in the new system.

good chance you'll use that 3 year warranty, i see more seagates die then any other ide hard drive these days. whats disturbing is that seagates probably lag in sales behind maxtor and wd yet i see more seagates die then either one of those other manufacturers. i work in the computer repair/sale.

Originally posted by Nexx
good chance you'll use that 3 year warranty, i see more seagates die then any other ide hard drive these days. whats disturbing is that seagates probably lag in sales behind maxtor and wd yet i see more seagates die then either one of those other manufacturers. i work in the computer repair/sale.

I work for computer refurbishing (must meet 1,500 computers a month quota) and I've seen the exact opposite, Seagates are by far the most reliable. About twice a year we get a 48"x48"x40" box full of dead hard drives accumulated and Seagates are the most scarce other than the ancient (Conner, Micropolis, etc) drives that we hardly even get at all. Seeing drives that have been used/abused with years of service on them is different then seeing DOA drives.

Either way this is a hot deal and just ordered 4 of these :D

Originally posted by tdg
I work for computer refurbishing (must meet 1,500 computers a month quota) and I've seen the exact opposite, Seagates are by far the most reliable. About twice a year we get a 48"x48"x40" box full of dead hard drives accumulated and Seagates are the most scarce other than the ancient (Conner, Micropolis, etc) drives that we hardly even get at all. Seeing drives that have been used/abused with years of service on them is different then seeing DOA drives.

Either way this is a hot deal and just ordered 4 of these :D

just goes to show... hard drives will fail no matter who makes them :eek: just hope its not yours! i pray mine never do :D

Originally posted by Nexx
just goes to show... hard drives will fail no matter who makes them :eek: just hope its not yours! i pray mine never do :D

holy shizz.

Are you the Nexx from [M]?

Back