sd card reader not recognized

skinlab

Gawd
just got this off ebay
i plug it in, windows recognizes something is plugged in but cant detect the device correctly, this is using the front usb ports (connected to mobo headers)
so i plug it into the back of the case (standard usb ports) and the device detects and works fine, but adds 2 removable disk drives rather that just 1

anyway, question is this:
1) why doesnt it detect when plugged into front usb ports
2) why does it add 2 removable drives when it is detected using back usb ports

thx

up

someone must know the answer to this

btw, i tried 'update drivers', says no driver was ever installed

everything else i plug in at the front works (gamepad, hotsync cable, camera cable)

your fron USB is not connected right ... this happens to me when I use all the pin-out on the board ... I have to leave one ground pin to get it working ... some cards do install two instances of the card ... only one can be browsed though ... have no idea why this is ... just happy that it works ...

Originally posted by primea
your fron USB is not connected right ... this happens to me when I use all the pin-out on the board ... I have to leave one ground pin to get it working ... some cards do install two instances of the card ... only one can be browsed though ... have no idea why this is ... just happy that it works ...

how come everything else i plug at the front works though?
and youre right, when i plugged it at the back 2 instances show up, only 1 is accessible
at the front no drives show up at all though

i dunno, its a weird problem, kind of annoying caus now i have a cable from the back of the case going up to the front of my desk so i can plug this in.

Back