• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Scythe Ninja problem

Feileung

Limp Gawd
Joined
Oct 15, 2005
Messages
251
This is so frustrating! I've got everything I need here to build my new computer:

Opteron 144 CAB2E 0540FPMW
DFI LANParty NF4 Ultra-D
OCZ PowerStream 520W PS
Sapphire Radeon X1800XT
Corsair RAM 2x512MB

My problem is that my HSF has been delayed in shipping due to weather in Denver (I'm in Oregon). It's Friday so it won't be here until Monday at the earliest. I've got to move (2 hr drive) on Monday so I won't even be here to meet the truck. I'll have to drive back down here to my mom's to get it or have it shipped to my new place. Needless to say, I was looking forward to spending the weekend building this computer.

I'm tempted to just use the stock HSF from my Opteron temporarily. I guess I'd then have to pull the motherboard to install the Ninja next week sometime. Hrmm, this started out as a "should I bother" type question but I think I've convinced myself that this is what I want to do just by writing this.

Thanks for your help;)
 
What type of opteron cooler is it?

It should be fine for stock settings and mild overclocking. Get it all set up, drivers, OS, software, etc, and then when your ninja gets in, you can plop it in and begin overclocking.
 
Yeah, that's what I think I'll do. There's no way I can wait that long! It's the stock HSF that comes w/the single core Opterons (decent but not the heatpipe unit that comes w/the dual core chips).
 
Oh, is the back plate that ships w/the DFI Ultra-D compatible w/the Ninja or will I need to install the back plate that ships w/the Ninja?
 
The DFI one will work if you use tall stand offs. If not you will either have to buy shorter screws, or use the scythe one.
 
Back
Top