• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

scsi question

taKuto

n00b
Joined
Feb 2, 2005
Messages
5
I was given a friend's old scsi setup, and i'm just wondering what this ' !# ' symbol next to the drive means. It shows up when the scsi boot screen shows up, with the symbol next to one of the hard drives. And in windows xp, under device manager it shows the hard drive with the !# symbol in the drive's name..

Setup:
Adaptec 39160
Seagate ST318404LW ID 0
Seagate ST373307LW ID 1

It's the ST373307LW which is reported with the !# symbol. I tried to google it but couldn't come up with anything towards the meaning to this !# symbol. I am pretty sure I setup everything right and I think it's not normal since the ST318404 doesn't show the !# symbol. Any help is appreciated.
 
Back
Top