Scrounged up Dirty B&W G3 Tower

manero

n00b
Hey everybody,

Through an amazing bit of luck, I managed to scrounge up a Blue & White G3 tower system, with everything except the RAM & HDD. It apparently works, but it was sitting in a lab where there was lots of machining, and as a result there's a *ton* of nasty dust on the inside.. it's all brown and crusty.

So I ask: What kind of RAM does this system use? I heard PC100 but I'm not sure. I'm also going to have to completely take the case apart and clean every bit by hand to get it in acceptable condition to use.. does anyone have any good suggestions or sites for how to go about this?

Easiest way to go about it is go to Crucial and look it up through the system configurator, problem solved.

Yes it will take PC100 or PC133 maxing out at 256MB density sticks and 4 banks giving a 1024MB maximum. This is according to Crucial's website.

Both, IIRC. I had PC133 in mine.

And about the cleaning... hmmm... Just unscrew all the lose parts, unscrew the computer fan and such... And use a vacuum cleaner.

My blue and white had, at various times, pc150,pc133.pc100. and a stick of pc66, just to see if it worked :)

I had the first 3 mixed in thier at one poit for fun and it ran with no issues, heck to be honest I put complete crap memory in there and it worked like a champ :)

if you are planing to run OS X on that I would make sure you dont have crap ram in there...I see way to many issues with it...get some good Crucial PC133 and you won't go wrong

Back