Screwed up issue... help needed

Apathy

Gawd
so my friend got on my computer the other day and installed a few things. net captor, crazy browser, spyware blocker, ram idle pro, pcboost, and some microsofot anti-spyware thing. i already have adaware and xoftspy in combination with zone alarm security suite, so i didnt really need the others. heres my problem:

i cant access www.dogpile.com or www.webcrawler.com or www.searchalot.com.
tried getting to the sites with netcaptor, opera, and internet explorer, none of em work. sometimes the home page will load up in netcaptor or crazy browser, and sometimes it wont load at all, but none of the links will work after it does load up on the rare occasion, and i cant search anything.

i think something got screwed up with a host file or a blocked site or something. checked a few things i could find myself, couldnt fix it. dont know what the issue is. tried turning off all the programs, still doesnt work. i just restored my computer to where it was 4 days ago, and the sites still wont work. they work on all the computers downstairs, so i know its not the site thats down. anybody got any ideas of what it could be? or have a suggestion for a better search engine than the ones i listed above... help me paleez and thanks

**edit**
ok.. so i just checked again, webcrawler.com works on all the browers i have to some extent, but dogpile doesnt load at all. webcrawler lets me look around on its site and click the links for popular searches, and click the white pages/yellow pages tab, but i cant use a search for any term. any time i try to search for anything in the search box, it just goes to a 'this page cannot be found' page. so i dunno wtf the deal is. any help is GREATLY appreciated. thanks

Back