• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

screeching noise when folding

Stormlifter

2[H]4U
Joined
Oct 19, 2002
Messages
2,968
I get a screeching noise when I'm folding.


  • i7 920 OC to 3.4Ghz
  • Win 7 64-bit
  • nvidia gtx 460
  • 650 watt corsair psu
  • Latest Folding software 6.32 (for GPU3 Fermi)
  • Run Prime for 1 day solid
  • Run Furmark 1 day solid

Below is my CPUID HW monitor
2lid1ya.png


Below is my CPUZ and GPUZ
3004ky1.png



What I see as a little odd is my CPUz is showing my CPU as being hardly stressed. Not even going to full speed. Also I'm not OCing my Video card, though I have before and it goes 850MHz without any issues.
 
Classic coil whine ... just something you'll have to deal with.
 
Back
Top