• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

SB-E ES Overclocking?

Status
Not open for further replies.

powerhouse

Limp Gawd
Joined
Oct 8, 2000
Messages
153
Anyone one having luck overclocking the ebay SB-E ES cpu's? They are being advertised as "Unlocked and Overclockable". Does anyone have any experience overclocking these? The 6 and 8 core procs are really cheap but I would really only be interested if they were overclockable to ~4ghz.

Thanks,
 
people will still break contract rules (that they have towards intel for not reselling ES), and list on ebay

ebay will take down those auctions if intel requests them
 
I understand intel forbids selling them and they are not under Intels warranty, this does not concern me....

I'm just looking for a 3930k alternative on the cheap.
 
idk if things changed but the 8 core es are not unlocked and cant even use the 125mhz strap so you limited to about 105ish fsb
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top